Lessons from Astrophysics


There is something very beautiful about the death of a star. Since, astrophysics and astronomy have become a recent read, I can’t help but watch numerous documentaries on our galaxy.

The un- buffered Youtube channel links showcase the slow and aimless move of the gases forming around the star with sheer magical colours floating in the dark expanse of the universe. Funnily though it takes me back to the memories of dying relationships with the best of people I have known and lost over time. We all have that one person we miss the most and can’t get back to, right?

Well, I too have quite a few I would love getting in touch with, but there is this one person who steals the show. Even today.

Stars such as the sun take billions of years to contract and once they do so, they begin to heat up under large temperatures. As a result, their crust then expands to form a red giant and begins ejecting dust and gas which collects around the dying star. I can now use the fancy word I learnt, Nebula, which can be seen enveloping the star. This follows a massive blast and destruction of the once beautiful star which is now reduced to a lifeless white dwarf. There you go... astrophysics at its simplest and best.


The soundless death of a star in the Universe
So, like I was saying, the closest of relationships hurt the deepest when they tear down into bits. It takes me to the time we began keeping our thoughts to ourselves, unaware that they could do us so much harm. We contracted into our shells when speaking it up was so easy and doable. I wish we had done so and not had heated arguments with unconcerned folks about each other. And then, just like the Nebula, extreme restlessness and anger enveloped us, only less colourful than the celestial bodies on YouTube. It hit me like a massive strike, however, as calm and gradual as the blast of the hot star. It was so noiseless and silent, I barely took notice.

 I am sure she finds herself reduced to a part of her missing, complete-self. I am sure she wishes she had said certain things and not kept quiet and pretended to move on. I wish I had fought for us and won her back with a good smack on her head. Yes, we were that close and insane creatures. It was so easy to be us again but we chose otherwise. There wasn’t a single day we didn’t celebrate our fun time even in the most serious situations. So then I wonder why is it so difficult now to really converse and talk things over. But we prefer the distance and the formality of tones. We find a haven in getting to know about each other through other people. We build giant walls and entrapped ourselves in the process of fading away from the other’s life.

I won’t necessarily call us ‘white dwarfs’ since we are hefty plump souls and foodies to the core, and no, we are not dead although the relation needs some serious upgrade. Unlike the dying star, I am going to pump some dose of wrath into her and then some day bug her till we find reasons to laugh again.




Comments

Popular Posts