Godspeed Little Fella

I have always wondered what exactly is it that makes our hearts melt to wagging tails and tender purring sounds. How is it that communication can have an effortless two- way exchange through completely diverse mediums and still be flawlessly understood? How is it that the warmest hugs from these delicate four-legged creatures automatically bloom into soft smiles. How is it that silent conversations of hurt and dejection are taken care of by these miniature beings only to be answered with those sparkling eyes of hope?

Animals are so much more than what we think of them, they understand so much more than we think they do and can love us in so many ways than jumping in our laps! If you have ever come across an unusually beautiful gesture by these love bundles, you are truly fortunate. You are not fortunate for merely being around them, but to take notice in the world full of ringing phones and blaring horns.
So this is about last night. Tired and stuffed after a sumptuous unhealthy round of junk food, I was comfortably stationed on the living room couch before the memory of XL sized clothes hanging in my wardrobe ushered a feeling of guilt. I raced down the stairs at once and breathed in some cool retreating winter air. Night walks around the numerous clusters in my society make me less guilty for gulping down plateful of creamy cheese poured generously all over my burger and fries.

Night walks are also about light conversations and it is not every day that a tiny pup runs to you like a lost child looking for his mamma! That is how he approached me, standing on two legs his tiny paw tugging at me, followed by desperate series of yelps and squeaks. It was lost. A child could guess. And it was asking for help. As I bent down to caress his little head, the sorrowful eyes penetrated deep into mine, his troubled gaze fixed and worried.

That’s it.

I had to sacrifice my strenuous night walk of glory and take up a doggy- mommy search operation. The pup as though understood our plan, joined in the search leading us to possible corners of the society. Pale but distinct yelps caught our attention several times, but there was no doggy-mummy in sight. We raided the lobbies, gardens and parking lots till we thought it best to wait in the garden which offers a panoramic view of the buildings. The pup was now perched up on a height so that it could spot its mamma and she could spot him and we could watch a total melodramatic unification of family, Bollywood style.


Still no mamma. As I kept drumming my fingers on his little head and paws, I realised this pup was patting me back. This crazy little brat had learnt to pull out a paw and shake hands and was now caressing me instead of the opposite! He was consoling me while I frantically screamed at the watchman for help. And just like that within no time, it sprang like a kangaroo and raced towards his entire pack of dogs who kept eyeing us from a distance. Turns out the dog had a huge stray family already working on the search hunt.  And off he went without a glance back, without a farewell and without a wagging tail, like a pesky rat driven out of a house.

This little fella taught me how important family is and that everything turns okay if you stay strong!

Godspeed mister puppy!


Comments

Popular Posts