Dear Virat...


It is the beginning of my slow pacing weekend. I sprinted, ran, sprang, jumped, escaped, raced, scampered home to get away from the noises of the world to seize a relaxing moment in my room. I close my eyes shut for a few seconds and then log on to check the latest news almost involuntarily. Yes, of course, the one thing I saw on waking up still remains super hit at dusk. In fact, it has been up everywhere this week and will be for ages in 2018 too. Frankly Virat, the ocean of few pictures of your cute Tuscany wedding is clogging up the social feeds and sometimes I just want to turn it off.

The other times however, I can’t help but go gaga over the beautiful and hatke things about the ceremony. For every person who has found their soul mate and for every person who is yet to find theirs, looking at 1000 paparazzi clicks of a grand wedding, somewhere leaves us with a glint of fairy tale dreams. For a winner and a performer, the occasion should be that of a glittering pomp and show. It must grip the world with its grandeur and riches. It must only welcome the most affluent and the opulent. It must feed on the global attention and reign the headlines for weeks.

It sure did.

But it left us with hopeful dreams with a sliver of simplicity topped with a magnificent dose of chemistry that no camera or pen could capture. The subtlety of you and your bride (not mentioning name because oh I am so jealous!) brought along a homely feeling of an everyday affair. I do not know you personally and you don’t know me at all. And yet, the atmosphere at Borgo Finocchieto in the pictures felt like a close friend’s mehendi and wedding.


I primarily feel that for a successful young radiant individual no joy is better than having neatly compartmentalised his or her life. And you have done that so well. To have tied up the knot with your sweetheart and having lived your share of roller coaster ride, to have given your best shot on the professional front with your shares of ups and downs is a mark of great achievement. Sorry, I don’t follow cricket or any sport in particular. But I have little knowledge of the time you were a young boy who picked up the cricket bat for good, of the time you lost your father and were on the field. I also remember the times you have gotten out for zero and erupted with a new zeal like a phoenix gaining life from its own ashes.

As I continue to smile with every word from the very beginning, I don’t think I can ever stop. Of course the wedding pics help to feel like an old aunty again and then of course, there’s Anushka’s pale pink outfit to have the hots for!

Wish you a very happy married life!

Sob. Sob.


Comments

Popular Posts