Ouch! Minus the Phone


I usually wake up to the blast of my phone alarm which is light years away from soft- wakey- wakey- princess music. It screams at me like a mad Rottweiler ready to bite my head off. I get tempted to toss it out the window causing Steve Jobs to frown from the skies. So I rather snooze it.

This morning was relatively sane and peaceful. The phone charger-wire has torn up revealing thinner thorny strings of wire jutting out all at once. I used my Chemistry-loathing brain to get the phone charging again mumbling something about protons and neutrons with positive charge which might not exactly be applicable here.

When I really needed to purchase this phone, I knew I would have to give an arm and leg for it. But then I had the other arm and a leg intact so bought it anyway. And look at its USB wire now! Looks like it survived the Second World War only to become lifeless when I wanted to feed my hungry virtual cattle in the farm I own. I open the game app each morning and greet my cows and harvest those crops. Except today.


I have always hated the ‘what would life be without cell phone’ essays. Nothing. Life would be nothing. I work faster with earplugs on with the otherwise melodious playlist. Today I had a whirlwind of Eminem, Beyonce, Alanis Morissette, Adele and even Honey Singh in the house as I listened to my own version of what cannot be called songs.

The good part was I actually noticed the grey cotton candy-ish clouds after so many days. When was the last time I looked up at the sky and checked those amazing shapes they take? The other good part was a colleague actually came over to check on me after noticing my last seen showing ages ago.  

Every other minute, my hands feel an unsettling twitch as they go looking for the phone usually kept at a distance of 2 centimetres from them. However today, I found time to write, like really pen and paper write, I actually chatted with the maid in my office, it also saved me the ninja action sprints that I otherwise indulge in after overuse of phone and then I even got spared from infinite virtual hi’s and good morning’s because today no groups belled in my ears... and finally a patient wait for a new charger only to live some more months followed by happy cows, melodious Adele, successful sending of irritating hi’s and hello’s to my folks, checking of stocks I don’t get and plenty of alarms to be set for the morning.

High- five Steve!










Comments

Popular Posts