STG


I glanced through the Economic Times this morning and you will never believe what I saw!! So about this whole new goods and services tax... It was introduced as The Constitution Act 2017, following the passage of Constitution 122nd Amendment Bill. The GST is governed by a GST Council and its Chairman is the Finance Minister of India. Under GST, goods and services are taxed at the following rates, 0%, 5%, 12% ,18% and 28% la la laaaaa.....

Haha got you! Don’t worry STG is no sister tax and has nothing to do with GST... It stands for an utterly meaningless and insane whatsapp group consisting of my family members... the torchbearer of which is my husband.  It so happened that I led to the meeting of many like minded souls who find complete solace in one another’s company.

The legends of my every day conquests paired with multiple laughter arousing situations find a home in this group titled ‘Sneha the Great’ aka STG. It is obvious to conclude that I must have done great things in life and hence this little honour. However quite the contrary, the group overflows with proof of my experiments in the kitchen, our pictorial stories of innie-minie celebrations, places we go and sometimes even flop threats of letting my parents know what I am up to! *grin*


Although the last one is quite useful in getting favours done from me, the group is so much more than a digital platform of communication. It is a short tunnel I use to reach my parents. They happen to be very conscious of my lessons I learn in moral science. Infinite series of preachings keep flowing like a lengthy river followed by jokes I never read and notifications I never open.

When asked about opinions, I sure sing praises to my dad of that life- altering message he shared. Mostly I have no clue what they are talking about. But someone taught me to smile in agreement when you don’t want to fight lost battles. Oh wait, I guess that was my dad.

 My life has become simpler because now I can take a screenshot and send the right instructions to the elderly. This helps my super techie parents to understand how to pay online bills and even close those windows for god’s sake! I can show mommy how my veggie in the pan looks out of this planet and gain disaster management tips instantly. She sends across a selfie in her brand new saree with dad looking utterly bored in the background and my doggie competing with the sleepy Snow White. That’s how I know everything is just fine.

Anyway, I still think it is fascinating that my folks settle on Sneha is Great and for all the crazy reasons!



Comments

Popular Posts