Furbaby Love

It is time for some tail wagging and cheerful jumping, some friendly woof and noisy yelps! An involuntary smile takes shape on my face, each time I think of him. My little pup is now well into his teens reminding me of the entire lifetime we have spent together.

That probably explains how I got accustomed to sitting down in the living room corners for tea and biscuits, which classically defies the human approach to dining. I have never needed to set alarms, because at the brink of 6 am, the clock Gods would nudge Bruno. His ear-piercing barks were the only sounds I could hear, let alone the soft chirping of birds! Some days if he woke up early he would be gentleman enough to not make a sound, as he wandered around checking on the inmates of the house. I remember sensing his soft fur against my cheeks which would often disappear within milliseconds. (The lazy insomniac girl still sound asleep...check!)

Food is at times his most beloved object on the planet or the most hated one! Little mister drama queen is scheduled to have an egg at 8 in the morning. God forbid if the hands of the clock ever turn to 8.05, the whole house has had it. My dog has taught me more about punctuality than all the value education lessons at school.  


In addition to a-hot-air-balloon-full of the heart warming moments, he has never backed out of making me fall flat right at the show-tricks-to-guests-occasion! The little that I could teach him in all this time too turns negligible when he has many affectionate hands to get cuddled from. He would conveniently move away from me, not showing any signs of familiarity, with eyes that people often mistook for a dog who has not been fed for a week. Once the guests left, I would suddenly become his playmate for numerous games. It is because of him that I learnt to walk with silent steps (quite lady-like), since that was the only way I could win in hide and seek against him.

He has been a great help at brutal killing of cockroach operation, often from a distance, but I am sure his barking was the major reason behind the heart failure of those enormous big beasts. I was merely collecting their mortal remains and letting them fall off into the bin.

Although my days and mind are on autopilot mode now, post wedding, I know Bruno is not around to wake me up anymore. I have left behind a giant chunk of my heart that still nestles in my memory. To everyone’s surprise, we talk for several minutes at the stretch on the phone. It is similar to entering the house through the main door and being greeted with endless jumps and squeaks!
It won’t be exactly incorrect to say my multiple trips back home are all an excuse to be with him again. No doubt about the fun it is in lying on the floor or finding the perfect tiny belly to rest my head on! Mr Bruno finds a way to make me feel like a little girl again... every single time.



Comments

Popular Posts