When The President Is Just A Letter Away...


I can never forget crying out that loud and harsh... tears screaming of injustice and unreasonable declaration.  A heart wrenching refusal to big dreams and even bigger dedication. And most of all, without a hint, without a merciful second to digest, an indifferent and a plain ‘no.’

Funnily enough, my tale of failure today brings up an instant smile and laughter that takes a while to recede. Perhaps it has taught me to move on, knock on new doors and let the sunrays in through diverse windows.

I was not always a confident individual nor was I a go- getter or someone who would stick to things and take a stand. Although I have become quite different from what I was before, I still haven’t changed my stature. I still stand at an average height for which, you are not counted worthy enough to be in the Republic day’s parade. You are not eligible to have a cup of tea with the President on the following evening. Intelligence, skills and passion are secondary sometimes. We require a good height.


I am glad you were the then President Mr. Kalam. If it were not for you, I would have carried the bitterness for a longer time. It would have crushed me and I would have carried the scars for life. I wrote to you... I wrote to you about my grandfather and how like a brave warrior that he was, he had also commanded an entire battalion at Rajpath and made my family proud. I wrote to you about how the seed of that synchronised march was already sown in me and how I wanted to do prouder things. And then about the sudden rejection before heading to New Delhi.

Guess what, I truly feel like an arrow shot from a bow... rapid and precise. Brisk and apt. Things have turned out just like you said they would. I have found success in other things and am continuing to glow so bright, I guess the light’s never going to fade.

No one wrote a letter to me as meaningful as you did. And although I could use your handwriting to boast about this letter, it is a deeper sense of calmness it brings to me. It is almost like meeting you in person. It has become my Bible and my inspiration.

Thank you so much.





Comments

Popular Posts